Friday, October 12, 2007

With Liberty and Justice For All


I am a dog lover...
Travis used to think he was a dog lover until he married me...
Now Travis will say that he is just a dog 'tolerator'...but sometimes I think even that is pushing it.

Now please understand that sometimes our three dogs (yes, you read that right - three) get on my nerves as well, and last weekend was one of those times.

Travis and I went to the lake and took all the dogs - yes, all three. Actually, we all had a great time while we were there. Justice, our lab, loved swimming in the lake. Mitchell, the border collie, loved flipping over on his back and rubbing his fur into stinky stuff. Gizmo, the old, blind hairball, was just glad to be there!

The trip home was not so great. Since the bed comforter from the camper needed washing, we thought, "What the heck, we'll let the dogs lay on it." Wrong....Justice ate it.

The comforter had some kind of fuzzy polyester filling...I suspect you know where this is going.

I was sitting in the backyard the day after we returned home and noticed some odd looking fuzzy stuff scattered about. Using my well-honed detective skills I quickly surmised that the fuzzy stuff was my comforter after it had passed through my dog!

Dog Lover...Dog Tolerator....Hmmmmmmmmmm