Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Power to Leap Tall Buildings

Days Run Into Days

Radiation. Through a tube in my breast. Everyone in this place smiles. I'm fine...really.

I lay on a table piled high with heated blankets. Helps calm my quaking nerves. Dr. L hooks me up to the Space Capsule filled with radioactive sunflower seeds. Just kidding. It's OK to laugh you know.

When all is ready, countdown begins and Geiger Counter Man sets the timer on the Space Capsule. He is then allowed just enough time to exit the Lead Room before the Lead Door closes. It oddly resembles the actions involved in setting the timer on my self-clean oven.

Ding. Your treatment is over and your oven is clean.

The Lead Door swings slowly open and Geiger Counter Man enters carrying (believe it or not)......A GEIGER COUNTER. He smiles and disconnects me from the Space Capsule. Someone else smiles and tells me to come back in six hours.

Wouldn't miss it for the world...